Who can rent from me? International Drivers & General Driver Qualification
International Drivers & General Driver Qualification
As part of the on-boarding and user sign up process, the Guest on a rental is required to upload a picture of a valid Driver's License for themselves and each additional driver on their reservation to your RVnGO.com Reservation page. To be deemed valid, a drivers license must meet all the following requirements:
- Must match the name and likeness of yourself or an additional driver, if listed on the reservation
- Must not be expired as of the date your rental departs
- Must be a full drivers license and not a learners or restricted license
- Drivers must be between the ages of 25 and 70 years old, as of the date your rental departs
- Must be issued in one of the following geographies:
- United States
- Western Europe – i.e. Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands and Switzerland
- United Kingdom - i.e. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- New Zealand
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR COVERAGE, ALL DRIVERS ON A RESERVATION MUST UPLOAD THEIR DRIVERS LICENSE TO THEIR RVNGO.COM RESERVATION PAGE AND COMPLETE THE ID VERIFICATION PROCESS, SO THAT THEIR ID IS MARKED AS VALID IN THE RESERVATION PORTAL. THIS VERIFICATION PROCESS ONLY CONFIRMS THAT THE LICENSE HAS BEEN VALIDLY ISSUED, BUT HOSTS AND GUESTS MUST STILL ENSURE THAT THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE MET. RVNGO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY COVERAGE TO ANY DRIVERS WHOSE LICENSE WAS NOT VERIFIED PRIOR TO DEPARTING ON THEIR RENTAL, OR WHO DOES NOT MEET THE ABOVE CONDITIONS. At check-in we require that the Host physically checks the Drivers Licenses of the Guest and all additional drivers on the reservation by confirming that the name matches the Guest name on the reservation and the picture has a likeness to the person standing before them (together with the same for each additional driver). Additionally, we require that Hosts take photos of the Drivers License(s) for the Guest and each additional Driver and retain them for our insurance records.
In addition to the above requirements, the following drivers are excluded from coverage by us (and from renting an RV through our platform, per our Terms of Service available here
- Drivers who in last three years (prior to rental date) have been convicted of a driving while intoxicated (DWI) violation or a driving under the influence (DWI) violation.
- Drivers who in the last three years (prior to rental date) have been guilty of more than one of the following:
- Manslaughter or negligent homicide,
- Felony involving a motor vehicle,
- Racing or engaged in a speed contest,
- Hit and run,
- Reckless driving,
- License suspended for points,
- Driving while license suspended,
- Fleeing or eluding arrest,
- Having multiple driver's licenses that have not been uploaded and disclosed to RVnGO, or
- Being at fault for an accident.
DRIVERS WHO DO NOT HOLD A VALID LICENSE ISSUED IN CANADA, THE U.S., WESTERN EUROPE, THE U.K., AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR COVERAGE AND MAY THUS BE HELD 100% LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE.
DRIVERS WHO DO NOT HOLD A VALID LICENSE FROM THESE PERMITTED GEOGRAPHIES MUST EMAIL SUPPORT@RVNGO.COM
CC’D) REQUESTING PERMISSION TO ACT AS A DRIVER ON ANY RENTAL PRIOR TO ITS DEPARTURE, AND MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION FROM RVNGO PRIOR TO THE RENTAL TO BE FULLY COVERED OR PERMITTED AS A DRIVER.